Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lazy Weekend

Lazy weekends are the best! I love not having commitments and being able to do whatever I want. Don't get me wrong, I miss Captain Awesome like crazy, but while I'm making the best of the situation I can eat only popcorn for dinner and read in bed for hours. Friday night I went to the gym and actually ran for 10 whole minutes. I know most of you and like, wow, big whoop but for me, YAY! Then I came home and ate cereal and popcorn for dinner. My oldest cat has decided that 5:45 is our new wake-up time. Why Kitty Boy, why?? I already do not like getting up at 6:30 on weekdays but I get really crabby when I get woken up early on the weekend. So I learned that some half-asleep petting for about 5 minutes and then he'll settle down. I went to my Saturday morning weight lifting class. While I'm not the strongest or fittest person in the class I love that I can feel myself getting stronger. Also, there is a woman in my class who has a rockin body so I always try to stand near her for inspiration. That sounded kind of weird, sorry. I'm not a freak but I am competitive enough that sometimes I need to find someone I want to beat. (That sounded weird and scary so I'm going to shut up now.
After my shower I got to go grocery shopping and getting my car fixed. I admit it, I LOVE grocery shopping. So much possibility and new products and pretty stuff. After drug stores I think groceries are my favorite shopping places. I had to buy make-up, shampoo, fruit, baby carrots and Indian food. There is a brand called Taste of Bombay that is amazing and super easy to make. I had a delicious Spinach Dal and basmati rice with Na'an. Oh my god, heaven in a box. I went to get my tires rotated and oil changed and there was a fancy special where for $40 they would also flush the systems and put new windshield wiper blades. The waiting area was freezing and the radio was super loud. There were two guys there who looked maybe 18 who were cracking me up. Not only did they have the patchy facial hair and baggy pants required of high school seniors, they were trying to impress me like only 18 year olds can. Some break-style dancing (yes, in the waiting area of Monroe tires), loud talking, showing off their phones, talking about chicks, impressing me with their Toyota, etc. Needless to say I made out with both of them. Ok, maybe not, but nobody would have blamed me. After all they sexy testerone I needed a drink so vodka and soda it was. I always forget that the drinks I get in bars are a lot weaker than what I make at home. Plus I drink out of pint glasses so there's a slight possiblity they were more like doubles (or triples but whose counting). So two (ish) drinks later I was slightly tipsy. Which means DANCING! My cats love dancing and were all, "Please mom, hold me and dance around with me while singing really loudly!" Being a good pet parent, I do what I can. After 30 minutes the cats were all tired (and hiding under the bed) so I decided to take a break. Then passed out at 10:30.
Sunday I finished reading The Handmaiden's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I LOVED it and I need to find someone to discuss it with. I know everyone read it a couple years ago but whatever. Then I watched TV and read some blogs and then seriously took a nap! I am so lazy. Also, I am now in love with Celebrity Rehab on VH1. All the trainwrecks and swearing are great. I seriously heard a guy who had lost his child to protective services say that coke had not negatively effected his family! How much denial is he in? Don't get me wrong, I went to a party school and tried my share of illegal substances (hi mom!), but I always knew it was for fun and not a way of life. I had a lot of friends take 6 years plus to graduate because of drinking/drugs. And really, two vodka and sodas and I'm a dancing fool so I don't think I need to spend a lot of money on real drugs.
I finally dragged my ass off the couch and went to the gym. I did 45 minutes of incline fast walking on the treadmill and stretching, abs, etc. I weigh myself on Sundays and all I ask is 1 and 1/2 pounds per week. I didn't lose any weight this week. Damn it....so frustrating. I am about 25 pounds heavier that I want to be and I had hoped that with realistic small goals, 5 days of exercise a week and some diet changes would do the trick. This is why I am a bad dieter. I am impatient and want instant results. I'll still keep at it but aarrggghh.
Someone lent me the first season of Grey's Anatomy so I started it this weekend. I had nothing against the show but it comes on during Captain Awesome's FAVORITE shows and when it started we had no DVR (I know! how did we live?) so I never got into it. I am about four episodes in and totally loving it. Watching it now after the whole Isiah Washington/T.R. Knight thing come out some of the dialogue has a new meaning. I have a huge problem with the opening credits of the show. It seems so sexist, the woman wears pretty shoes and puts on make-up on then gets to sleep with the man who's a real doctor. What???
So I'm showered, caught up on trash TV and have food in the house. I'm ready for a new week!

No comments: