Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What Kind of Person Am I?

The woman I work with is a morning person. She gets up without an alarm at 5am every day. She is cheerful and makes jokes when we're working together. She also goes to bed around 9pm each night.
Captain Awesome would sleep until noon every day if he could. He gets a second wind around 10pm and can stay up all night. He's a night person.
So what does that make me? I can barely pry my ass out of bed at 6:30 when the alarm goes off but I go to bed every night at 11. On Saturdays I usually wake up around 7 but stay in bed reading for a couple hours to spend time with Captain A. I feel most motivated between 10am and noon. Am I a mid-morning person? No matter what time I get up I need plenty of sleep. Usually a solid 7 or 8 hours. I'm a pretty light sleeper so I hear the cats moving around, the house creaking, cars passing and the furnace kicking on. Since the Captain's been down South I've been sleeping worse than usual. I can't usually sleep until midnight and then the cats wake me up at 5:30 or 6am. This lack of sleep gives me some gorgeous black circles under my eyes and a lovely personality.
Reading back over this I sound super complain-y (yes, it's a word). It doesn't really make me upset and I don't want to throw a pity party. The human body is a crazy complicated thing. I know new mothers, doctors and many more people don't get the sleep they need and they're productive members of society. I can suck it up and figure it out.
Maybe I can turn myself into a morning person....or not.

No comments: