Sunday, March 2, 2008

Part II of Vacation Extravaganza!

When we last left our heroine she was in NC visiting family....
Sunday-We got to sleep in while my parents were at church. I know, shocking and scandalous. We were meeting my brother, J, my sister, L and her fiance, C for brunch to celebrate Cap't Awesome's birthday. The first place we went (a chain) the wait was over an hour for the 8 of us. We went to a non-chain down the road and they sat us right now. The food was amazing and we had fun. The moral of that story is, the chain restaurants may be popular but if you look around you will find a nice independent restaurant that's even better. Cap't Awesome does not really like cake so A and I made him brownies with peanut butter cups baked right in. We had those and he opened presents. Then we went to see L and C's new house! It was beautiful and they have already put a lot of work into it.
Then we packed up, jumped in the car and drove 2 hours to our future home (and home of the Captain's parents). We had a birthday dinner and then home to bed. Yes, I was stuffed but proud of myself because at an Italian restaurant I had no bread and a yummy salad with scallops....and two glasses of wine.
Monday-I was proud of us, we got a lot accomplished. We saw a house we may possibly live in, met Dad Awesome at his new work, went and saw Mom Awesome and she got to show off her kids. My MIL is the absolute best. She treats me like her own child and always includes me in the family. She also is short with red hair which can sometimes be confusing when she introduces us as her daughter and son. People think she's my mom and then we have to explain blah blah blah. I'm not complaining at all but it does make introductions longer. **Another aside-I had no problem calling my in-laws Mom and Dad right away. It was weirder before we got married since I couldn't call them Mrs. Awesome but using first names seemed too casual. I usually ended up avoiding using names at all costs, pointing or the super klassy "you".**
We had lunch at my favorite fast food place, Bojangles. It's only in the south but it is amazing. They have sweet tea that will keep you going for hours. And the chicken, and biscuits....yum. We had also planned to go to a gym and see about a membership and go to the cell phone store to fix some problems but ended up going home and taking a nap.
Tuesday-My flight left around 3 so I had to be at the airport at 1. Captain decided to take another day off work so we could spend the morning together. We slept late and relaxed, then met his grandparents for lunch. I was so sad to be leaving but it motivated me to get back up here so I could wrap everything up that has to be done before I move down permanently. My flight was delayed and the airport was freezing but I made it home. My plane landed to spitting sleet and snow on the ground. Welcome back to Cincinnati!

No comments: