Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mainly to Get the Last Post Off the Top

My days are pretty routine. Get up, go to work, leave work, run errands, straighten parts of the house/do chores, cook dinner, clean up from dinner, zone out in front of TV, go to bed. Woo hoo! Exciting, no? Since the Captain's surgery we can't really do much that involves walking around and we have no money so that pretty much limits us to free stuff with lots of sitting. As you can imagine, that does not make for lots of exciting nights and weekends (or blog posts).

I'm sure everyone is like this but I have yet to find the happy medium between routine and mind-numbing boredom. I love to be scheduled and have a plan but I couldn't be happy in a life where everything was the same, every day, until I die. On the other side of the coin I love traveling and trying new things but I would be curled up in a corner if I had no idea what was coming from minute to minute. Maybe I have a "grass is always greener" attitude. Or a "want what you can't have" problem.

***Random Change of Subject***

My parents are coming to see the house for the first time this weekend. They can't stay with us because my dad is allergic to our cats but it will be really nice to visit with them. My parents have never really come to "visit" before. We used to live in the same town so we got together for the day or evening but not for a weekend. And they only came to OH once on their way to visit some relatives and only stayed one evening.

I've been planning meals and cleaning so the house will be perfect. I'm trying to figure out how to sell our not-yet-conceived first born so I can get the patio furniture I want before the weekend. And I've been painting the paneling in our TV room so it doen't look like a cave. All of which they will not care about. They want to do projects so I've made some mental lists of stuff they can help with including hanging pictures and replacing my dryer hose (?). Apparently they are not supposed to be riddled with holes and tears. Who knew?

All I really want out of the visit is to have good food and good conversation. If nothing else, it will be different from my usual routine.

No comments: