Monday, September 8, 2008

Survivors

Yes, we survived the "Storm of the Century" aka Tropical Storm Hanna. I was up most of the night because I'm a worrier and I knew the Captain would not wake up if a tree fell through our roof. Also, I sleep closest to the window and I wanted to avoid flying glass/debris.

And then nothing happened. It rained, it was windy, the cat freaked out, I walked around the dark house and watched trees blowing. The end.

One of my least favorite features of our house is the massive yard. We live on a corner so all our neighbors can see our entire yard. I am not a fan of yard work and the Captain hates it more than me. It's a huge pain since I have to force myself to care and then nag the Captain until he helps me. So when I woke up Saturday morning and saw branches, pinecones and leaves covering our one million acre yard I was less than thrilled. I had kind of psyched myself up for a lazy, rainy weekend. My plan did not include raking and picking up sticks in the humidity.

Saturday I was a complete bum and did nothing. Sunday I finally got off my lazy ass and went to the yard. It was so hot and daunting. The Captain and I worked about an hour until I started feeling sick it was so hot. I still have about 1/2 the yard to do and I'm thinking about waiting until it gets dark to even try it. Do you think the neighbors would think it was odd if they saw me picking up pinecones with a flashlight after midnight?

No comments: