Monday, January 19, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Why is it that traveling over the weekend always wears me out? We had a super fun weekend with some friends of ours from college but it was more a "drink some wine, play cards and talk" fun rather than "get crazy drunk-stay up late" fun. We were more casual partly because they live in the sticks (their house is beautiful but seriously 20 miles from ANYWHERE), partly because they have a 6 month old baby (squee!!) and partly because we are officially old.

On the drive home yesterday in the driving rain I was getting super sleepy. The Captain and I spent the entire evening catching up on TV shows instead of getting ready for the week. Don't get me wrong, it was one of the most fun weekends I've had in ages, but man, it wore me out.

I'm blaming the tiredness on the fact that I am wearing a stained shirt at work. I'm so horrified I will probably go out and lunch and buy a new shirt. I have no idea how I missed the big drops of coffee (?) all down the arm but it looks very fancy with my short sleeve sweater. Everytime I type (almost all day) I see those gross brown stains staring at me. How embarassing.

No comments: