Monday, February 9, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

I left the house several times this weekend! Yay! Go me!

We had amazingly beautiful weather and I'm finally feeling better so I had several big adventures. Recently I reconnected with a friend from college who lives in my town. We met for lunch at a food Co-op but they don't have an official cafe. We were going to just get sandwiches and drinks to eat outside but they were organizing a protest and we felt like jerks just sitting there so we went to Panera instead. I know, it's terrible.

Sunday we went to the Chocolate Festival put on by the big senior center in the county. It was fun and we ate lots of samples and bought some raffle tickets. Then we worked off about 1/8th of the calories by dragging heavy branches and bushes to the curb. (And of course when I say "we" I mean I ate most of the chocolate and The Captain did most of the work).

Tonight I've got dinner at a yummy restaurant with friends and the high is supposed to be 65.
Awesome.

No comments: